To quote the musical sage Stephen Sondheim, We’re “Back In Business”. It’s been only a few weeks since we emerged from COVID zoom/seclusion, and it’s great to see so many of you returning to live rehearsals. I hope to see ALL of you soon.
We’ve been busy lining up our activities in the coming months. Here’s the preview.
1. National Anthem. On July 26 (yes, that’s this Monday) we’ll be preparing our video of The Star Spangled Banner, with the expectation it will be used this year at a major sports arena. Be there, or miss out! Don’t worry about the singing; the audio has already been recorded.
2. Picnic. Our picnic will be held on August 8. This was formerly an annual event, and we expect it will again be held annually. A good time will be had by all.
3. Ready, Set, Sing. With the world opening up, this is a terrific time to offer our free singing lesson program, and to see some new faces. We plan to start the program in late September or early October.
4. Overtones. The 2021 edition of Overtones will be published in late October. It’s not too late to submit an article!
5. Youth Festival. Our annual Youth Festival will be held at Mamaroneck High School on November 14. Our special guest will be GQ, a fabulous quartet.
6. Holiday Show. We will resume our tradition of performing a holiday concert in early December. We’re working to fix the date and a guest performance.
7. Holiday sing-outs. We expect to return to our usual locations (and perhaps others) for our holiday sing-outs in December. This will depend on the COVID protocols in each senior/rehab facility that we visit.
8. And More! We hope to return to the Darien Sugar Bowl in December, and you can count on singing Valentines in February, a return to contest and a Spring Show. And we’re always looking for other opportunities to spread the joy of singing.
So buckle up, show up, and join us for this great ride. WE’RE BACK!
(Yes, we’re still limiting rehearsals to the fully vaccinated. Fortunately, we have at least 71 members who are fully vaccinated; we miss those of you who are not, and hope we can see you soon.)