In early 1984, the Chapter’s Board of Directors, at the suggestion of President Frank Hendricks, decided that the Chapter should have a Hall of Honor as a permanent tribute to members who had served us well, and who embodied those character traits which we consider as essential to an outstanding Barbershopper.
The need for a Hall of Honor was brought into focus by the untimely passing of Charter Member Joe Jordan, a man who had served the Chapter faithfully over the entire span of its history. In addition, Joe personified the character traits of an ideal Barbershopper. Therefore, it was decided to establish this award, to designate Joe as the first inductee, and to use him as a model against which future inductees would be judged.
In order to qualify for Membership in the Westchester County Chapter’s Hall of Honor, a man must meet the following criteria:
- He must be an outstanding Barbershopper in every way.
- He must have been a member of the Westchester County Chapter for many years.
- During those year, he must have compiled a consistent record of service to the Chapter.
- He must embody to a satisfactory degrees the character, ideals, and principles of Joe Jordan, which include leadership, good musicianship, gentlemanly behavior, courtesy, kindness, sincerity, integrity, and a sense of humor.
- He must be elected by a unanimous vote of the Chapter’s Board of Directors.
- No more than five designees may be elected in any one year, and it is not necessary that any be elected in any particular year.
Members of Westchester County Chapter’s Hall of Honor
|Name||Year Inducted||Primary Function|
|Joe Jordan||1984||Charter Member|
|Gardner Peene||1985||Second Director|
|Bob Craig||1985||Fourth Director|
|Ernie Matson||1985||District President|
|Bill Park||1985||Society President|
|Walt Arvidson||1986||First Director|
|Graham Hubbel||1986||Charter Member|
|Art Merrill||1986||Society President|
|Fred Steinkamp||1986||Staging Guru|
|Dave Frankland||1987||Third Director|
|Walter Peek||1988||Past President|
|Tom LaMotte||1988||Past President|
|Bill Rowell||1991||Past President|
|John Finkbiner||1991||Past President|
|Doug Chapman||1993||Presentation Guru|
|Mike Calhoun||1995||Past President|
|Al Fennell||1997||Sixth Director|
|Angelo Sticca||1998||Past President|
|Tom Pease||2002||Past President|
|Bob Negaard||2003||Past President|
|Dave Schuman||2003||Fifth Director|
|Phil Richards||2003||Past President|
|John Fotia||2014||Past President|